Tuesday, April 18, 2017

From Inspiration to Bead

Like most creative people I rarely go anywhere without a camera, whether its the one on my phone or my canon, its basically an extension of me. I love taking snaps of colour combinations that inspire me, it might be a cushion in a shop, or a garden full of flowers. I have a long time obsession with things in a state of decay, rusted and patina’d with age and love to translate these into glass, recently I made some hollow beads and attempted some verdigris patterns on them.

This is my inspiration photo:

These are the beads that I made, I love the textures on these, and the variegation of colour. 
Because these beads are hollow I have been able to make them larger without the worry of them being too heavy. 

I think these beads would look lovely with one of these stunning birds from Heather at Humblebeads 

I love the industrial feel of these clasps from Rebecca at The Curious Bead Shop, I think they would go with the rustic feel of the beads brilliantly. 

What would you couple them with?



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would definitely use these up! I have meaning to get those clasps too. I probably go off of the burgundy and pinks I have some poly beads that I made and the turquoise well I can play with your colors all day long!
Raku beads would go wonderfully with them.

Unknown said...

where can I get these???

Terri Del Signore said...

Those beads are gorgeous!! And hollow? Really!!?? Just wow!!