Friday, September 10, 2010

Biz Tip - Booth Banners

As some of you are gearing up for your Fall and Holiday selling season I wanted to share a great resource for banners.  Check out Vista Print for inexpensive and nice quality banners.  You can have them printed with an image that you create, like the one on the left, or use one of their images, like the one on the right.  Templates are available on the site.  It was super easy to create in Photoshop.  The image printed out great, they are durable and roll up for storage. If you sign up for Vista Print's email list and wait for a promotion, you can get one small sign for free!  Their large signs, which are 6 ft long, start under $35. 

Hot tips for great booth designs:
Add in texture with fabric, dishes, plates, etc.  I love those leaf plates, I think they were for candles and I picked them at the end of the season one year from my grocery story.  You never know where you might find a good display idea.

Add height to your displays: I used planters turned over for small shelves.  You could use baskets, small decorative boxes, window glass blocks, etc.

Raise the tables - use pvc pipe or bed risers.

Choose your colors to compliment your jewelry style.

Refurbish old necklace displays by covering them with fabric, just glue it to the backside with a hot glue gun.  I used grey dupioni silk in the ones above.

Think outside the box!  I used nests for bowls - these would like cute with a pair or two of earrings nestled inside or a special bracelet.  I found the nests at Hobby Lobby.

Want more booth ideas?  Check out the Jewelry & Bead Booth flickr group.

9 comments:

Pepita said...

Great suggestions. Doing my first booth at a craft fair two weeks from now:-)

beautifullybrokenme said...

Great tips for booths Heather - yours looks beautiful and inviting! I agree that VistaPrint is a fantastic place to get your booth banner - I got mine there & the quality is good with a reasonable price.

:-) Molly

Outstanding Stranger said...

Oh goodie, I get to be the first one to comment on your latest post. I love your beads and your blog and I will check back often. Thanks for the inspiration..Hugs, Diane

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much for this information! I've needed a new sign for years and now know where I can get one. Love that you can upload artwork! Also thanks for the link to the flickr site...always nice to see what others are doing!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Excellent tips Heather! I especially love the bird themed beads placed in the nests. Wonderful idea!

Regina said...

Thanks for the great tips, I am preparing for a show in October and was thinking of how to make the greatest visual impact. Thanks for the banner links, I will surely check it out. Have a great weekend.

peacockfairy said...

I've been wanting to get a banner for quite some time now - I am going to check out that website - thanks!

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Thanks for all the wonderful tips! Very refreshing looking...

Desirée said...

Thanks for the link! I created my own signage this year since I never got the time to design a banner to get printed (I need to redesign my logo which is no small task), but next year I hope to have one printed. The other printer I was looking at had banners starting around $75 so Vista Print sounds like a great value.