Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Heart Jewelry Tools: Wire Wrapping Mandrel

One of my most used tools are these wire wrapping mandrels. I don't have to worry about making inconsistent sized loops when I use these. They come in two sizes, one for smaller diameter loops and a larger size for bigger loops and clasps. I picked up mine for a very reasonable price from the Contenti Company but Widget Supply also has them for about the same price.

(posted by Cindy Gimbrone, WireHead and blogging glass beadmaker.)

7 comments:

Jeannie said...

Thank you Cindy, You ROCK! I have been looking for these. I do a lot of wrapped loop jewelry.

archdiva said...

I have a pair of these and like them just as much. The only challenge is sometimes I need another hand! I'm wondering if I should put them in vise. Has anyone tried that?

Stacey said...

I am embarrassed to say that I have never heard of these! THANK YOU for the "yoo-hoo - look at these". I will be ordering the set asap - what a huge difference these will make.

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thanks, Jeannie! They're a small investment and a BIG help!

Wire On!
Cindy

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Good idea, Archdiva! A small vice would hold them very well and free up your hands.

Wire on!
Cindy

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Stacey,

Hey, don't be embarassed! That's why you read ABS - to learn tips and tricks for your jewelrymaking! These mandrels are great and such a small investment too.

Wire on!
Cindy

Stephanie said...

I just found your blog today and love it! This post in particular caught my eye as I do some wire wrapping and currently use the round nose pliers. These look pretty easy to use -anyone test them while trying to create a wire wrap link necklace (ie., each bead is wire wrapped to the next one?)?