Friday, June 22, 2007

Heather Powers in Bead Style!

Stringing an Eclectic Mix

One of our own is featured in the July issue of Bead Style magazine! We all get sooooo excited for each other when this happens. There is nothing like flipping through a beading magazine and getting that great visual surprise of looking down at the page and saying "Hey - there is my friend!" or "Wow - I know that bead maker or that jewelry designer!" I am fairly new to the online and in the magazines bead world, but already I'm beginning to recognize individual styles and get a thrill when I see a name and can put some type of personal attachment to it.

Anyway - on to the subject at hand... Take a look at what Heather has to offer this time!!!

On page 99 Bead Style says it best: "This necklace has it all - an art bead, gemstones, pearls, seed beads, and a mental pendant. It even has a button to play up its handcrafted appeal. The combination of single and double strands highlights the necklace's asymmetry, and colorful drop earrings made an unfussy accompaniment."

If you are running short on time (and who isn't these days) get everything you need to make this great necklace here: HumbleBeads.com.

Or, if you just need the three main beads, click on the picture to see all the great color combinations Heather has to offer:
One of my favorite things about this necklace is the ideas it inspires me to try. Lets imagine substituting with these beads:


Keep the dragon fly and seed beads and ta da! .... you will feel like you are on a short vacation in a field of these!



Can you can imagine a design using these art beads to enter into our Monthly Challenge? Maybe Ms. Dragonfly will be feasting on some sweet nectar of those great flowered beads!

Thanks for looking and keep those Challenge images coming!
- Elaine Ray

5 comments:

Cindy Gimbrone said...

YAY! Way to go Heather! Your beads are gorgeous as always!

Rosanne said...

I'm not biased or anything but I do think you have some of the kewlest stuff! I show everyone who wants to look your article in the magazines and say "See, she's my neice!!!" I don't know if they believe me or not, but who cares?

Beverly Herman said...

I am so bad the day in Michael's. I picked up the new Bead Style Magazine. Flipped through the pages until I got to Heather's article. I looked at the girl standing next to me and said did you see this necklace? It is my daughter's design. Proud Mom strikes again!!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Don't blame a proud Mama for bragging about her girl! Heather does awesome work!

brokenteepee said...

Congratulations Heather! That is a lovely necklace. It must feel wonderful to see it in a magazine!
Patty