Friday, June 15, 2007

The Bead Scoop: Melanie's Bead & Button Stash

Want to see what an incredible stash of art beads one can get at a bead show? I wanted to share my personal stash with you from the Bead & Button show. I think seeing a person's bead stash is very revealing about them. What does my stash tell about me?

A crackly porcelain heart and wicked flowery skull from Joan Miller.




A fish pendant with matching accents from Clay River Designs and porcelain dragonfly beads from Splendid Loon Studio



Square pendant by Marsha Neal Studio, Button by Creative Impressions In Clay, Leaf by Embroidered Soul, and Raku discs by Bag Lady Beads




Brown tablet beads and a highly coveted magnetic clasp by Jangles

More fun stuff from Clay River Designs




Tiny spacers from Clay River Designs


Um, yeah, I went a little crazy at the Green Girl Booth. Check out the Shibiuchi heart toggle!


yep, I went crazy twice at Green Girl Studios.
Here is an incredible bird bead that I got from Kim at North Fire Designs and a flower I got from Ofilia Cinta, whose booth was just two down from mine
Ooh, my special treasure from Anne Choi! This one really spoke to me. It says "be not forgetful to entertain strangers" and it has feathers around it. It reminds me of my grandma and my mom, who love to feed and watch the birds.


A copper and sterling pendant and a toggle bar (it says Fly Away on it) by Coliebug Beads

And last but not least, shell and wood pendants and beads by Lillypilly Designs

Good stash, huh? I can't wait to start playing with all of these!

8 comments:

AJ said...

Thank you for sharing your stash pictures! I'm in envy. I've got to get one of those skull beads :D

Christina J. said...

That's an awesome stash! I also hit Green Girl Studios, Anne Choi, and Lillypilly Designs at Bead & Button. I didn't notice the skull bead at Joan Miller. Bummer!

melanie brooks said...

Christina, lol! You've got good taste I see! Yeah this is the only skull bead I have seen of Joan's...maybe it's new.

Anonymous said...

This cracks me up. That is the only skull bead I have ever made. It was inspired by Gaea's work and reminded me of Melanie's Wicked Trinkets, so I gave it to her. Maybe there will be more at Halloween.

Joan

melanie brooks said...

YES, please more skulls, Joan! They would be so cute for Halloween, especially with all your other spooky beads!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, this is a great haul! I had 36 booths on my list and only made it to about 27 of them, sigh. I missed Green Girl Studios - wah! - but I did pick up two Anne Choi beads and a cute koi pond bead from Joan Miller. I'm loving your wonderful Terra trinkets, too - thanks again!

Cynthia Thornton said...

Im planning something special with my new Earthenwood beads! I agree, it is revealing to see a beaders stash! You have lovely taste! Can't wait to see what you design!

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

Great stash! It was great seeing everyone again. I didn't manage to get out of my booth to buy any beads or buttons. Can't wait to see what you create with them!